Thursday, April 2, 2009

Novice Fantasy Player!

I have never played any fantasy sports, mostly because there was a fee and an element of gambling, that I have made a personal decision to avoid in my life. But I recently saw that there was a free league that anyone could join at ESPN.com. I went to check it out and decided to get involved.

I chose a league that did an auto-draft rather than a live draft, where I had no experience. There are ten teams in the league. My roster looks pretty good to me, but I guess I will learn a lot in the next few weeks. The name of my team is Belarus Bombers.

Here is my roster:

Brian McCann, Atl C
Jimmy Rollins, Phi SS
Alexei Ramirez, CWS 2B
Jermaine Dye, CWS OF
Mark DeRosa, Cle 2B, 3B, OF
Brad Hawpe, Col OF DTD
Todd Helton, Col 1B
Chris Young, Ari OF
Chase Utley, Phi 2B
Alex Rios, Tor OF
Alex Gordon, KC 3B
Shane Victorino, Phi OF
Bobby Abreu, LAA OF
B.J. Upton, TB OF
Mike Napoli, LAA C
Shin-Soo Choo, Cle OF

Chris Volstad, Fla SP
Brandon Lyon, Det RP
Justin Verlander, Det SP
Brad Lidge, Phi RP
Erik Bedard, Sea SP
Jair Jurrjens, Atl SP
Carlos Zambrano, ChC SP
Ricky Nolasco, Fla SP
Roy Halladay, Tor SP

What do you think?

(first posted at qassia)




No comments: