Thursday, May 27, 2010

Trading Roy???

Roy Oswalt has requested a trade. I hate the idea of him not being here. He is the best pitcher the Astros have developed in their history, with the possible exception of Larry Dierker. It has been a real joy to watch him perform.

But the Astros are at least a couple of seasons away from real contention for the playoffs, so perhaps trading Oswalt could expedite the return to respectability. That being true, I do not want to see Roy in another National League uniform. I do not want the 'Stros to have to face him on a regular basis.

So when I heard that Nolan Ryan had called to express interest to Drayton McLane about trading for Oswalt, I began to daydream about what Houston might get from the Rangers in the trade. How would it be if one of the components of the trade were Elvis Andrus or Nelson Cruz? I do not know if the Rangers would part with such players, but it would be the starting place of any conversation, if I were GM.



Championcatalog.com

No comments: